WOOL RUGS AND SHEDDING: WHAT TO EXPECT
Wool rugs, genuine sheepskins, and some deep-pile shaggy rugs have a natural tendency to shed – this means fibers may come loose. It's not a flaw in the manufacturing process but a natural characteristic of these materials.
Here's what you need to know about shedding:
- Shedding is Expected: Every wool rug will shed. The amount of shedding will reduce with time and wear, but it's essential to note that some rugs may continue to shed throughout their lifespan. On average, it takes between 20-25 vacuum sessions to significantly reduce shedding.
- Not a Fault: We cannot accept returns for wool or genuine sheepskin rugs based on shedding, as it's an expected behavior. If you're concerned about shedding, you might prefer a machine-made rug crafted from synthetic materials.
- Product Details: We always emphasize in our product descriptions if a rug is woolen and prone to shedding. We encourage customers to take this into account before making a purchase.
- Durability: Shedding doesn't compromise the rug's durability. For instance, our thick high-pile shaggy wool rugs from the 'Rocks' collection may shed throughout their lifespan, more than typical low-pile wool rugs, due to their dense nature. If this is a potential concern, we'd recommend considering an alternative rug type.
- New Rug Odor: The distinct smell from a new rug stems from the chemicals, known as volatile organic compounds (VOCs), used during its production. This "off-gassing" is typical, especially with synthetic latex backings. The scent, sometimes reminiscent of a musty aroma due to the rug's animal fiber origin, will dissipate over time.
In summary, it's vital to understand the natural attributes of wool and similar materials when considering a purchase, ensuring satisfaction with your beautiful new addition.
Please take a moment to understand our disclaimers on colour/image/design variations, hand-made rug imperfections, and shedding/flattening for both wool and shaggy rugs, Familiarize yourself with these before proceeding with your purchase. Rug Love assumes no responsibility for any oversights on the customer's part.
Product Guarantees and Warranties
Rugs are considered commodities, and therefore, none of our manufacturers offer warranties for their products. Instead, these products are governed by the Sales of Goods Act, which includes provisions for reasonable use and wear and tear. In most cases, we anticipate that these products should remain in good condition for a minimum of 6 months. However, it's important to note that this does not guarantee a replacement or refund.
Under the Sales of Goods Act, if an issue arises within 30 days of purchase, you are legally entitled to a refund. Beyond this initial period, you maintain the right to request a replacement or repair, but a refund is not obligatory. After the passage of 6 months, we are not legally obligated to provide a replacement, repair or refund unless the customer can substantiate that the item was faulty upon arrival. We operate under the assumption that the item was received and signed for in good condition unless informed otherwise. We emphasize checking your rug upon its arrival including a thorough inspection of its backing, even if you don't plan on using it immediately. The lifespan of a rug is determined by various factors: its location, exposure to sunlight, traffic frequency, presence of pets and children, furniture placement, and more. Since there's no universal standard for how long a rug should last given the multitude of variables, we focus on initial quality. Any potential faults should be reported immediately upon receipt. After 30 days from receipt, any claims of fault will be approached with the presumption that the rug was in good condition upon delivery. However, it's important to note that while we are often told that a rug has never been used, we have no means of ascertaining or validating how the rug has been used. Any failure to report defects promptly as per our terms and conditions cannot be attributed to Rug Love. Please note that all our manufacturers and suppliers operate from Monday to Friday, between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM, and remain closed on weekends. Exchanges: Note that couriers aren't equipped to collect the original item during the new one's delivery. All defective product claims will be addressed by having the manufacturer collect the rug for detailed inspection. This process can take up to 5 working days for us to receive their verdict then arrange logistics
Before placing an order, take a moment to understand our comprehensive Returns, Refunds, Exchanges, and Faulty Item policy. If any aspect doesn't align with your preferences, we respectfully request you refrain from ordering. It's important to familiarize yourself with these aspects before making a purchase. Please be aware that Rug Love cannot be held liable if customers fail to do so. If you find any part of our terms of service or return policy disagreeable, we politely suggest refraining from placing an order with us. Furthermore, if you have reservations about any aspect of our return policy, such as potential return costs, our disclaimer related to colours/images/designs, or the arrangement of your own return, we kindly advise against making a purchase from our store. If you're aiming for a precise colour match or specific shade, consider an in-store purchase. Each product page provides crucial information about potential shedding (for wool rugs) or imperfections (for handmade rugs). Ensure you're informed before making a purchase.